Thursday, June 6, 2013

American Graphic Design

American Graphic Design
what is graphic art design
Image by Alki1
A Paul Rand design for the Direction magazine cover 1940.

All of his work for Direction, an arts and culture magazine published by Marguerite Tjader Harris, was for a very low fee as long as he had total control over the design. Paul Rand felt that it was the only way that he could create work that defined his idea of what graphic design should be. I think he created all of the Direction covers from 1938 to 1945.


Christmas Bash 2005
what is graphic art design
Image by ProSam
This is a preliminary look at the 2005 poster. This isn't final by any stretch but I need some input on how it's coming along.

What do you guys think of the jubiLIVEit! theme? I'm not sure if you understand it on first read but it's supposed to be Jubilee Live It! Like it? or Not Like It?

2004 Poster
2003 Poster


A graphic design piece against relationship violence
what is graphic art design
Image by teacherhax
I started working on this piece when a student and I were talking about domestic violence. As I started layering images, I had the idea for what you see here. Any feedback would be much appreciated


Graphic design practice
what is graphic art design
Image by Jimmy Coupe
I was messing with an old photo of mine .. trying to make some backgrounds here is what an amp and a couple donuts can manifest them selfs into...


Graphic design practice
what is graphic art design
Image by Jimmy Coupe
I was messing with an old photo of mine .. trying to make some backgrounds here is what an amp and a couple donuts can manifest them selfs into...

No comments:

Post a Comment