Thursday, March 14, 2013

京都造型藝術大學(Kyoto University of Art and Design)

京都造型藝術大學(Kyoto University of Art and Design)
university of art and design
Image by 蔡小新


京都造型藝術大學(Kyoto University of Art and Design)
university of art and design
Image by 蔡小新



peek-a-boo (photo 2 of 2)
university of art and design
Image by steveleenow
My third assignment for a continuing education course I took at Emily Carr University of Art & Design - "Fictions in Documentary Photography" as taught by professor and Vancouver photographer Stephen Waddll.

The assignment asked students to shoot a portrait, and for my portrait I submitted this photo of my friend Shannon Cawley which I consider to be more of a stolen snapshot.

I received a grade of "A-" for this assignment.


CEDR 160 - Day 1: Exercise 3: A Leaf (Photo 1)
university of art and design
Image by steveleenow
These drawings were done in class as part of the Drawing 160: Drawing Fundamentals I continuing education course I took at Emily Carr University of Art & Design under instructor Dan Starling.

The drawings here were part of a series of exercises in looking and seeing.

The first sketch on the bottom left was done without looking at the paper, with my eyes closed, just feeling the object in my hand after looking at it for awhile.

The larger sketch on the right was done while looking primarily at the object, allowing yourself to sneek a few looks at the drawing as you drew it. But we started on the outside and worked our way into the object.

The smaller sketch on the top was also done primarily looking at the object while allowing yourself to sneek a few looks at the drawing as you drew it. But here, we started on the inside and worked our way out of the object. It provided a different way of looking at and approaching the object and its drawing.

Again, the idea with these sketches was to look, draw, look, draw, look, draw >>> all the while never forgetting the importance of looking and seeing and understanding what was being drawn and concentrating your efforts on looking at what you were seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment