Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sonali Sridhar

Sonali Sridhar
atlanta college of art and design
Image by eyebeam
In 1998 I moved from Bangalore, India to Atlanta, Georgia to study Communication Design at the Atlanta College of Art. The transition from curry to BBQ was tough, but I soon learned the value of acclimation and tempered my studies with a healthy dose of Americana. At ACA, I focused my studies on graphic design and printmaking.

With a BFA in hand, and up for an adventure, I drove across the country to San Francisco, to work as a graphic designer. A few years later, I headed back across the country, this time to pursue a master’s degree from the Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP) at Tisch School of the Arts, NYU, where I specialized in human/object interaction and sensory design.

I currently work as an Interaction Designer in New York, using web, print and mobile electronics to explore the connectivity and psychology of design. I also work with wearable technology, designing objects that interact with daily life, form addictions and provide comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment